Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thanksgiving "swag" boxes

Hello and Happy Saturday FSS friends and fans! Katie Gehring here to share a little project that will be gracing my holiday table this year.

I offered to host Thanksgiving for my family at my house. This is a first for me and it involves my family making a 2+ hour drive over the river and through the woods to my house. I sent out an invite and in trying to figure out who was going to be able to attend, my younger brother (jokingly - sort of...) suggested that I needed to provide a little something to entice guests to make the journey.  :)

While I can't offer my guests gift bags filled with the latest designer goodies, I thought it might be fun to offer them a little something in the form of treats for the long drive home. I used the Subway Series: Holiday set to pull this project together.

Here's my Thanksgiving swag - striking a pose with a pumpkin.  After all the pictures I took, they may think that they have risen to celebrity status.  :)


To create my project, I first cut a piece of 12 x 12 kraft cardstock to 8 x 7.  I then used a Candy Box punch board to punch diamonds and notch both of the 7" sides of the cardstock. Next, I stamped the Thanksgiving subway stamp onto the cardstock multiple times.


Then I scored the stamped paper. 


I folded the paper into the candy box shape securing the edge with strong adhesive tape and tying the ends closed with some twine. I stamped the Thanksgiving subway tile onto cream cardstock, trimmed it out and matted it with maroon cardstock before adhering it to the candy box with foam tape.

The small box on the left was made from cardstock that measured 5" x 7".  Perfect size for the kiddos!



Subway Series: Holidays

That's all for me today!  Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great weekend! 

Katie