Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Metro Masculine Birthday

Hey there, Fresh Squeezed Stamps friends! Stacey here and I'm excited to be able to share Fresh (and fun) Squeezed projects with you every Wednesday!  Do you ever have enough birthday cards on hand?  How about masculine ones?!  Me, neither!  

I made this card while thinking that I rarely have masculine-styled birthday cards on hand!  My card is a bit glitzy for a guy card (maybe), but a man once told me that guys like pops of color and a little sparkle, too!  This passed the "manly" test from my own boys and hubby.  In fact, when I asked my hubby what he thought, he said "it's metro-masculine!"  Thanks to my honey for also sparking the idea for my post title, too!  LOL!


How fun is this stamp set, On Trend 2013?!  I LOVE the silhouette city scene and photo frame images and that fun birthday speech bubble sentiment!  The bicycle image is from the (also amazing) Breath of Fresh Flair!



For the card, I chose some trendy papers that fit the bill for "metro masculine," stamped the city scene and heat embossed in black on the background panel.  The photo frame was also heat embossed in black, a blue bicycle added and an aqua birthday bubble inked up and stamped...then, all that remained was layering it up and finishing it off!  I added a bit of black twine with a loopy finish (no bows here) and a trio of black sequins!



On Trend 2013                                              Breath of Fresh Flair

Thanks so much for stopping by the Fresh Squeezed Stamps blog today!  I hope you are inspired to whip up a masculine-themed card today...maybe even a metro-masculine one!  Have a fabulous rest of your week!





Wanna have some fun?!  Fresh Squeezed Stamps is sponsoring the new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!  It's a Make Your Mark challenge, so that means if your project uses a tool that makes a mark (pencils, pens, markers, chalk, etc.), you're golden!  Check out the details and enter to win!