Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Create Your Own Colored Paper

Happy Monday, Fresh Squeezed friends! It's Virginia here! Today I am sharing a birthday card. Why a birthday card in the middle of December? Well, it happens to be my birthday today!  :)

I used the festive piƱata from Life of the Party along with a fun sentiment from Everyday Expressions to create my birthday card.



I set out to create an unique colored paper and used my favorite medium - alcohol inks! It really is simple to do!  If you have not tried using inks to create colored paper, you should give it a go.  You do not have to use alcohol inks, any inks will do.  Just swipe your chosen colors onto paper and then you can stamp/emboss any image!  Here I used glossy paper and dabbed alcohol inks and blending solution and then let dry.  After that, the fun part is to emboss the image over the color paper.  Cut and assemble.  Voila!

      Life of the Party                         Everyday Expressions

I hope this inspires you to create your own colored paper!  It truly is a lot of fun!  Thanks for stopping by!  -Virginia