Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Happy Happy Birthday!

Hi, everyone! Heather P. here to share a fun little birthday card I created featuring Happy Hexagons!

To create my card, I started with a kraft woodgrain card base which I trimmed down to 3 1/2" wide to accommodate my large sentiment banner.  Next, I stamped three of the patterned images from Happy Hexagons onto colored cardstock, and heat embossed them with white powder before cutting them out.


Happy Hexagons                                          Trendy Triangles

After all the hexagons were cut out, I played with their arrangement before adhering them to the card front with pop dots.  I added two strips of green cardstock to the card front, and stamped the birthday sentiment from Trendy Triangles in turquoise ink.  To finish up the card, I die cut the word "happy", covered it with stickles, and adhered it to the banner.

That's all from me today, but be sure to come back tomorrow for more FSS inspiration! :)